The Estimator is responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of cost estimates for capital projects.
- Compile the estimated plan.
- Compile a Basis of Estimate.
- The development of an integrated estimate (by way of the WBS) based on deliverables set out in the SOW and WBS.
- The development, updating and maintenance of the estimate aligned to the required level of accuracy.
- Identifying control accounts based on asset deliverables (CBE).
- Document the estimate and source files on a central database.
- The development of the estimating software and master files.
- Inputs and updates of resources to the estimating database.
- Applying best practice in estimating the scope, assessing contingencies and calculating escalation values.