The primary aim of this course is to enable eligible project management practitioners to pass the Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination by exposing them, in a structured manner, to relevant information about the nature and typical content of the PMP® exam. We embed long-term memory by having candidates apply key project management processes in accordance with the Project Management Institute's (PMI)®’s standards as expressed in the PMBOK® Guide. This courses also ensures that candidates acquire the 35 hours of formal project management training as required for eligibility for the PMP® exam.
The course is designed to form part of the candidate’s preparations for the PMP® exam. As such it is facilitative, rather than instructive, requiring the candidate to do pre-reading for each session. Each session involves a test of 60 PMP® exam type questions, which each candidate is required to complete in class, followed by a facilitated session involving a discussion and explanation of the correct answers along with the pointing out of pitfalls to be expected during the exam proper. Each session is concluded with a small group assignment on key topics, the intention being the embedding of long term memory through practical application.
Training Quality Assurance:
ProjectLink has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® (REP2525).
Delegates will receive the following:
- A course file with all supplementary information.
- An exemplar of the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) – 6th Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2017.
- An exam preparation textbook (Mulcahy, R. PMP® Exam Prep, 9th Edition or similar).
- Certificate of Attendance.
- A report on the mock-exam results, including recommendations for further preparations towards the exam paper.
- Administrative support and guidance towards taking the exam paper.
- Access to expert support during the process of preparing for the exam paper.
- 35 contact hours of education required to be eligible to take the PMP® certification examination.
Prerequisites for Certification Exam:
7,500 hours of experience leading and directing projects for project managers that do not hold a 4-year degree or global equivalent OR 4,500 hours of experience leading and directing projects for project managers that hold a 4-year degree or global equivalent.
PMI, PMBOK and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.