If you are interested in the below course, send us an enquiry here.
The Applied Project Management (APM) serves as an introduction or refresher course to project management. This course provides delegates with a thorough overview of best practices in the field of project management and teaches hands-on project management techniques. It is not industry specific and the knowledge and skills that are gained during the course can be applied in any project environment.
The course focuses speciﬁcally on working with a team of people to perform a project and is based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI)® A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). It also covers all the areas deﬁned in the SAQA level 4-unit standard for project management.
The course includes 10 worksheets which delegates will use to initiate, plan, and track their own project. The entire project life-cycle is covered; from project initiation to project closure.
The most important objective of this course is to enable participants to take the concepts that they have learned and immediately apply them in their respective working environments. In addition to the standard course material, delegates are also provided with the book Project Management Jumpstart by renowned author Kim Heldman.
Delegates attend 3 classroom-based sessions over 3 days. The APM course requires delegates to complete a Portfolio of Evidence (POE) which must be submitted 1-month post course to be assessed and moderated by SAQA. Upon successful completion of the course, delegates receive an NQF4 credit bearing (5 credits) certiﬁcation.
Those who do not pass the assessment and who do not wish to resubmit another POE will receive a certiﬁcate of attendance.
This course is 3 full days (08:30 to 16:30).
- This course will provide you with a complete overview and a basic understanding of the Project Management Cycle.
- For those who are new to project management, this course will equip you with enough knowledge to start working in a project role.
- It is a good refresher course for those who wish to brush up on their basic knowledge of project management.
- Earn 19.5 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for maintaining a PMI® certiﬁcation.
The course consists of 5 modules:
- Principles of project management
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning
- Project Execution
- Project Closure
Who should attend this course?
- Are new to project management
- Have been given a project to manage
- Have never had any formal project management training
- Require a refresher course to sharpen already existing project management skills
- Wish to understand the complete project lifecycle
Training Quality Assurance:
The course is accredited with the Services SETA and is aligned to the registered SAQA unit standard 120372, “Explain the fundamentals of project management”, level 4 (5 credits). ProjectLink has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. This course carries 19.5 PDU’s for PMI® certification holders.
Delegates will receive the following items on the course:
- Course ﬁle with all the course presentations and exercises
- Heldman, K. (2013) Project Management Jump Start, 3rd Edition
- A certiﬁcate of attendance
- Certiﬁcate of Competence (if Portfolio of Evidence is successfully completed)
PMI and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.